Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wordz

I called this words because that's all it's going to be. There's no purpose and for once, I'm not going to complain or be super emo because I'm actually good right now. For no particular reason, and even despite the fact that I've been spending large amounts of time in my room since I moved in, I'm feelin' ok. I have to keep reminding myself I'm here early and my babies aren't all back yet. I have a few lunch dates lined up, one that I'm sort of nervous to even go on but I don't feel like writing about him just yet. Actually, I have written about him but he doesn't have a nickname. I'll think about it and get back to this. But.. I'm getting excited to be back in class. I'm ready for my mind to pour over different things other than my questionable love life and family troubles. Im especially excited to start my internship. As much as I am nervous, I am anxious to finally get a taste of what it's like to write for an actual print publication, something people outside of my college community read. It's weird, having all this time because my summer, I was constantly on the go between Red Robin, summer class, and shuffling between friends and family. I think I'm just really taking the time to relax and have time to myself and let myself be optimistic about the semester to come and to forget my shortcomings and my not so graceful moments.

But other than that, yesterday I bought the soundtrack for the movie 500 days of Summer and I've never fallen in love with an inanimate object so hard as I have with this soundtrack. It's just..perfect. It's a lot of Indie artists like Regina Spektor, The Smiths, Feist, Wolfmother, and Mumm-Ra. Lately, I've been listening to a few more Indie artists like the Softpack and I have yet to be disappointed. Right now, I'm just all about changes, new things, and new hopes. I hope it lasts =)

No comments:

Post a Comment