Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Somebody to love

I was watching Ella Enchanted this morning and Anne Hathaway was belting out "Somebody To Love" and now I can't get the Queen song out of my head. How ironic because it could be the anthem of my life.

I can't remember if I mentioned but recently I've taken to a new online dating site and I've been getting a few interesting e-mails. Today, a mature and VERY nice looking man indulged me with a lengthy e-mail and a "Hope we can talk more" end note. My fingers are crossed that it goes somewhere but with the kind of luck I've been having, I won't hold my breathe. School is slowly approaching and I am so unprepared. All I have for my new apartment is my comforter. I have yet to contribute to the kitchen, living room, bathroom (etc). It doesn't help my roommates are little Suzi Homemakers and have been spending the summer buying cute little things here and there. I'm such a procrastinator. However, I do plan on FINALLY getting my laptop this weekend and I'm also going to bang out some back to school shopping. I'm going to look for little things for the apartment too because I'm starting to feel bad.

20 years old and I've been on two dating sites. Is that so bad? Another co-worker of mine said I shouldn't be in such a rush but I can't help it. The single Corona-influenced nights are getting old and I want something steady and functional. The other day I was at the gym and saw some tan toddlers walk in with their sleeveless shirts and Kobe Bryant shorts and couldn't help but glance over their pubescent muscles. In the future, I predict myself to be a Cougar. I don't know what it is.. my taste in men - age, size, color, hair - is always the same. Lately, I've been rocking the cradle. A therapist would make bank off the thoughts and feelings I'd bring to the table.

P.S Haven't heard from the ex. Does he know?

No comments:

Post a Comment