Saturday, May 9, 2009

Last Day of Lazy Freedom

I've been confined to my bed all afternoon: no car and no motivation to walk anywhere. I also refuse to ask my mom to borrow her car because she has been spitting off feisty behavior before I even woke up, or she knew I was awake. She drove my sister to work, went grocery shopping and return to find me in my bed, reading, and in response to this, she turns on the radio, loud enough the Latino beats are bouncing off the pages of my book.

If it isn't obvious, I'm in a bad mood. There isn't any food of substance to eat in my house and I hardly have the funds to order anything and since my car is useless, I don't have transportation either. I was staring into my soggy bowl of special K this morning, actually afternoon, and just knew today was going to be lame. The only upside is tonight I have an opportunity not only to make some sweet cash, but to hang with my two favorite munchkins on the planet :) I'm babysitting at 6 and until then, I'll probably stay in my bed unless I muster the strength and balls to ask my mom to drive to the gym for what could be a way to salvage my day. One thing I'll need is my glasses because this morning I took out my contacts, contacts that I've been wearing for X amount of days and I literally peeled them off my eyeballs. I was walking to the kitchen and I was shocked at how AWFUL my vision is. I have permanent beer goggles.

Despite all that, today is the last day I have to do absolutely nothing. Tomorrow is orientation for the new Red Robin and then I'll have something to do with my time other than read or complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment