Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Are There Rules to Babysitting?

For a greater portion of my day, I spent it with two of the best kids ever. Amanda is 11 and Justin is 9 and our conversations usually span from the Jonas Brothers to World of War Craft but today, we had a slighlty adult conversation. Justin had asked if I ever kissed a boy, to which I replied yes, and then they hit me with this: "What kind of kiss was it?"

I didn't know how to describe it to them in a way that would be appropriate. They were asking me about one boy who I told them I occassionaly see, especially now that it's summer. Amanda asked why we weren't dating and said I could tell her what kind of kissing we do since she plays the Sims lol. Eventually I said we made out and I'm wondering if maybe I shouldn't have said that? I think they like the fact I tell them so much about my personal life because a) it deals with boys and kissing boys and b) they can laugh at my misfortunes. I told them today I never wanted to get married, unless Zac Efron dumped Vanessa, and they were disappointed. Amanda wants to be my flower girl but when I told her my views about marriage, she said, "Well, if you do decide to get married, can I be a bridesmaid becaue you'll probably be old when you get married." She's such a charmer. But really, these kids are going to be heartbreakers when they get to high school. I guess in today's society, there isn't really much to be bashful about it. I think I'm okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment