Sunday, April 26, 2009

Better Together

Jack Johnson is beautiful.

But anyway, I was so college this weekend (as I typed that, I instantly hear Asher Roth's "I love College"). Luckily today I was called off work so I can a) recover, b) work on papers and portfolios and c)get tan and delicious because it's over 80 degrees :)

I haven't had the time to blog but I've been making mental notes of things I wanted to say or talk about and go into deeper. So nerdy. One of them was the use of "lol" and how whenever you don't know what to say or if something is awkard you just say "lol". But what are we laughing at? How we can't form a coherent thought? Another one was the idea of coincidence and if anything is ever really that. I feel with the boy I want(ed) to be my bf - I see him all over the place. For instance, I saw him this morning at breakfast (where I scolded him for being a jackass on Friday) and I was wondering, what if I had gone to breakfast earlier? What drives me to eat at the time I do, to go or leave the library, to walk across campus when I do? There's a new boy on my radar and the same thing applies to him. A friend and I went to lunch on my break from work and I misjudged the time so I ended up getting to work late. He was there talking to some ladies, whatever lol, but what if I didn't misjudge my time and pull up in front of the boys dorm just then? What puts me in their path? It's interesting.

Anyway, so more about this kid - I decided I don't really want to like him. He's a really cool person and fun to hang out and drink with (and play awful card games like drunk driver.) From past expereince, I've crossed the line between friend and fwb or fw1b (friends with a 1 time benefit) and ruined a potentially nice friendship. I don't want to do that with this boy (nick name coming soon) and I feel good about it. It might be the weather but today is a positive step in the right direction for me. Summer is so close and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment