Monday, March 2, 2009

the city that never sleeps

what is it about new york city that anytime you are there to visit, you never want to leave? i was there twice this weekend and twice i pictured living there indefinitely. since i've changed my major to communications, i'd eventually like to get into journalism. i'd like to write for a newspaper or magazine, if possible, in the city. the big apple is home to many respectable newspapers and magazines and i could see myself getting a studio apartment, living off of crackers and green tea. i can see myself walking through crowds of people or making bad decisions with my girlfriends at a night club or bar. whatever the case, i'll be in an environment i enjoy and doing what i love: writing. there's just something about nyc that invites you in and leaves you with the thought, "i can make it here."

i had intended this entry to be more in depth but that's all i have for now, haha. i went to a comedy show last night at caroline's and comedian julian mccullough made a joke about how he got a cat and his friends called him a fag. then he goes, "im a bottle of red wine and a danielle steel novel away from complaining about all the men in my life."

me too, julian, me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment