Friday, March 13, 2009

and i don't even know his last name

i don't like country music but i can entertain carrie underwood every now and then. i'm waiting to go to my last class of the day and i just finished the paper that's due today, that i was assigned probably more than a month ago. my favorite line is "i had no clue what i was getting into so i blame it on the cuervo, oh where did my manners go?"

last night, one of the many things distracting me from my paper were blogs written by other people i'm not neccesarily friends with. i know this is me admitting i'm a slight stalker but my roommate made me feel better when she told me they put it on the internet for a reason. but anyway, i've realized i'm not interesting and my hobbies or interests are not interesting. i feel like my blogs are something you can find in j-14 magazine, nothing of real value. the blogs i was reading were about politics, vintage clothing, indie music and women's studies novels. i compared some of what i was reading to my own life and found myself feeling extremely unoriginal. i was envious because, to me, they stand out. that probably isn't their intention but i too want to stand out. i finally got back to work but i couldn't help but feel so insignificant. the paper i had to do was about an essay i read by walker percy. it wasn't as bad as i thought but it talks about going off the beaten track and having authentic experiences. i need some authenticity in my life and i need to get off the beaten track and hopefully find new, genuine experieneces.. a new, original self.

on lighter note, i had a tender dream last night about one of the boys i want to be my b.f (there are two now). imagine how sad i was when i woke up and remembered i'm still so, so, soooo single. like my love life, this weekend is going to be bleak. i will unfortunately not be engaging in parade day activities/binge drinking but instead, i'll be pouring over Shakespeare and the essays i need to write for my midterm. ok i'm two minutes late, the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment