Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Yo Taylor, I'm really happy for u but...

I'm exhausted. Between Sunday and today, I feel like so much has gone on, nothing necessarily epic, but none the less have kept me busy. For example, Sunday I served cheeseburgers and milkshakes until around 9 and I came home just in time for the VMA's. Janet Jackson KILLED IT in the Michael Jackson video. While I watched the awards, I was editing my sister's paper for school and tweeting as much as humanly possible about the show highlights: Kanye being an asshole, Lady Gaga being a boss, Adam Brody looking so delicious, the "New Moon" trailer and Beyonce so graciously correcting Kanye's tool mistake. Despite technical difficulties and loser stars trying to steal the spotlight, cough Kanye and Lil' Mama, it was the best VMA broadcast in a long, long time. Of course, by OD'ing on the tweets, I left a lot of work for myself and didn't actually get to bed until 5:30. At one point in time I questioned whether I should even attempt sleep. Sleep eventually came for a total of 3 hours and then I was off to edit my article with my internship supervisor. This week I received an "I'm very impressed at how you were able to cover the festival but still include its history." BAM! I can't even describe the feeling I get when he says things like to me. I just feel like I've come so far with my writing and that I went from knowing nothing to being able to impress an editor of a professional publication. Ah, does wonders for my ego.

Then, of course, I had some campus newspaper business to take care of. I'm in position to judge and by no means am suggesting that I am ready to run this paper by myself but I'm skeptical of this upcoming semester. Our assistant editor-in-chief, our editor-in-chief left us for London, is questionable. He's scatter-brained and doesn't focus on everything he should. Today, I went to glance over some of our pages and two articles were a mess. One of their leads was in shambles and the other had incorrect information. He's really in to centering the titles but it looks funny especially when he's letting the titles be 3 words so the title is SUPER BIG. One of the advisors came in today to look over our work because we're under a little heat from the previous week and as he left, he gave me a sly smile because I'm sure he was thinking the same things I was. Ugh.. this semester is going to be SO...what is the word? Entertaining? Stressful? Mind-boggling? Insert any adjective along those lines here.
The last thing I'm going to write in this is TRUE BLOOD: season finale was the worst I've seen in terms of cliffhangers and there was not enough Eric in it for my viewing pleasure. Further discussions to be had at a later date. I need to grub and get to class, womp.

No comments:

Post a Comment