Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Nail spas

So, on and off since the 8th grade, I've been getting acryllic nails put on. I wear them until I'm either a) tired of paying or b) just tired of them. Still, no matter how many times I repeat that process, I still feel like a prom princess when I get them on. Today, I got my nails done again to treat myself, mostly since I can't paint my nails because of my lame ass job, so now they look pretty. But while I was getting them done, I had a lot of interesting thoughts run through my mind and my hands were too busy so I couldn't tweet about it.

For starters, I've always had trouble relaxing my fingers. They have to get all origami-like to get at my cuticles or whatever they saw away at and I always get yelled at. Then today, while the man was holding my hand, I realized that I was sort of holding his back. My fingers weren't just naturally grazing his because they were in such close proximity but it was more than that. I guess I just don't realize and it freaked me out especially when I grazed his knuckle hair, ack. Then, do you ever notice how they try and get you to get EVERYTHING? "Paint just your nails? Pedicure much better. Get rid of cuticle. Airbrush? Next time I do pink and white for you, look much better. Last longer." THEY'RE VULTURES. Of course, there is how the actual place looks that determines how your nails are going to look. If this place I go to by school wasn't recommended, I'd avoid it. They have a poster of a beach pinned behind the pedicure chairs, there is no room/curtain to get waxed but instead there is a chair right next to the dryers for eyebrows. What if I need a bikini? Do I spread eagle and she stands in front of me to block my cooter? They were playing an 80's mix including Michael Jackson and the song "Mr. Telephone Man" and on the TV was a sort of violin symphony and then Caillou! AND THEY WERE BURNING INCENSE. Is that even legal?

I will say the guy did a good job.. even though he told me short nails look ugly but I think they grew on him because he probably figured every negative word he said was a 50 cent tip reduction. I'm also LOVIN the prices, so much cheaper than the dirty. But anyway, that's all I have to contribute today, hahaha. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment