Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy days

The kind of day I had today complete negates my last two entries when it came to doubting my talent and life choices. I want to get this in before I surrender myself to rhetoric theory and other short stories.

SO. It begins with me getting up at an awful hour, 8 in the morning, after a night of no sleep. I just kept waiting and waiting for me to pass out and I feel like I never did. Of course, it didn't help someone unexpected decided to message me and play with my emotions some more but that's for another entry. Despite no sleep, I was pretty upbeat. I did some of my school newspaper duties then headed over to the Weekender to go over my article with the Editor. And I quote, "This was excellent for your first article." On the outside, I gave a no-teeth-smile and was sweating profusely because apparently when I move an inch, I get exhausted. On the inside, I was all like this: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#$%#$^&^&*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#!@TGFHSZDT - you get the point. He marked up the paper but minor AP styleguide errors and again, I quote "So this looks like a lot but it really isn't" and when I was leaving, "Thanks Stephanie, Great job on the story." So, again, on the inside: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I was so relieved because now I KNOW I can hack it and the best part is IT'S GOING TO BE PUBLISHED and available on their web site. AMAZEBALLS. I can't wait to see it. After my delightful meeting, I headed back to campus to finish up our first issue of The Crown. I'm excited for our "Twitter bug".. it's like Conan's Twitter Tracker. Just a little something for students to read and laugh about. I'm sure I'll change the set up as the semester progresses but I made the newspaper a twitter and I'm going to have too much fun with it. With it being such a popular social network, I think it'll be a great way to get students involved or at least take a glance at it to see what's going on. I'm thinking a facebook is next? Who knows but we'll see! Oh and I had to drop off an application for this career day I'm trying to be a part of and they wanted to know my GPA. I looked it up and I have a 3.5.. chicka chicka yeeeaaaah. After a busy morning, I was pooped and took nap only to awake an e-mail from the assistant editor at the weekender telling me I did a "great job" with the concert listings. The concert listings that took me forEVER and which I though I screwed up royally but I guess not. Filled with elation, I went to class, which was a monotone nightmare , but made it through because of my blissful nap and also the Dr. Pepper I got on our 5 minute break. To top it off, I ran into some people that lifted my spirits and melted my heart so all in all, today was bomb.

This post has a lot of exclamation points and extended letters hahaha. It's out of my system, promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment