Monday, June 1, 2009

A Fine Mess

The title of this entry so accurately describes my love life but is a tribute to Kate Voegele because I can't get enough of her new cd, A Fine Mess. I'm actually headed for bed in just a bit but my minx side has been hanging about and has sent my mind into a "what am I doing?/ what do I want for myself in terms of boys?" frenzy.

I'll admit here (since the two people who follow me already know), I am a new member of match.com, where you can "find singles at the largest online dating site." I was a little hesitant to join just because the last time I met someone online, I was ridiculed but I feel like today, it's more socially accepted and a friend of mine said she recently signed up so I figured, why not? Online dating has seemed to transition from sleezy MySpace to respectable Match. The first night I was on, taking an extremely and probably unnecessary amount of time to put my profile together, I searched some people, one of whom we have been e-mailing back and forth. Everyday I wake up or come home for work, logging right into my account, and hoping to see another e-mail from him. I am by no means saying this is love, or even like, but this whole process is exciting with omeone actually taking the time to get to know me, not to see if I'll go to bed with them. However, this weekend, I performed a hat trick which I will not go into further detail but let's say I acted in a very single manner and why shouldn't I? I'm still young and am not tied down, which seems awesome, but makes me sad. I'm all for fun and games but fun and games has been my life for a couple years now. I want excitement but new relationship excitement. I'm back to my "I want a boyfriend" stage but who do I want it to be? James Bond is still gorgeous but on hold because I'm afraid I'm not his type. The weekend boys are a no and another boy who has been texting me on and off is good for nothing except getting on my nerves with his antics. There always seem to be boys in my life but not for a long period of time, unless they're my best friends or father, and in the case of my father, he's not always there. What it comes down to is I want to feel special, and not "special" because the boy drinking Keystone decided to come over, put the moves and steal a kiss only later to walk out without me or my number.

I want someone to spend time with, not in a marry me kind of way but in a way I can't with my family and friends (I paraphrased this from my profile, which sounds lame repeating it). Sigh, I need some advil. And dove chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment