Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Stress Stress Stress

I'm exhausted. A recap of this awful day:

1) I so kindly picked up a shift today for a girl who couldn't come in. All was well until I got a party of 8 and they wanted to eat, dine, and pay all before 130. They gave me their order at 1:05, it was punched in at 1:07. Why they didn't go stuff their faces at Chick-Fil-A is beyond me but we'll overlook that. I told the kitchen I NEEDED the order before 1:30 and somehow he thought I said to WAIT. WHY WOULD I SAY TO WAIT? So when one woman so snottily demanded her food, I went over to the kitchen and this is the moment where my good day unraveled, glacially than significantly. I needed a manager and he asked what was going on, the kitchen said their half and I mine, and the servers (namely just one asshole) started running their mouth about "The rule is after 10 minutes, get a manager!" So my manager went over to the table and apologized, said they were putting in a rush order and lunch was on him. A nice, 80 dollar lunch that would have probably gotten me a 10 dollar tip. Bastards. After it was all over, I got a good talking to and before he even opened his mouth, I bawled. I felt awful and knew I was starring in the "Guess who fucked up today!" story for the night shift. Once I started, I couldn't stop. I eventually pulled myself together and had two tables to finish taking care of and one look at me, they probably thought I went into the back to get high.

2) On my way home from work, my drive of shame, I pull up to my house to find an unfamiliar car in my driveway. It was an infiniti and I knew it didn't belong to anyone I knew. I walked inside and quickly found its owner, entwined with my youngest sister. The most horrifying fact: she was using my Ariel blanket. When I get the chance, I'm throwing it away.

3) I had my first test in my summer class and I got a D. A freakin D - the letter grade I would give my life.

4) "Service Engine Soon" lit up in my car and as I was making turns, the vehicle began to sputter. I'm almost positive this Buick was created in the darkest pits of my nightmares. I had all sorts of plans for tomorrow but now I'm petrified I'll get stuck on the highway, either safely out or very much in harms way. Which, at this point, would not be so bad. I was going to get my nails done & my blackberry tomorrow but NOT NOW. The No Doubt/Paramore concert is Thursday and if I don't have transportation, I'll die.

MOTHER &%^*%*.
I feel more tears coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment