Thursday, July 30, 2009

Party of (al)one

I came home from class tonight to find my least favorite dinner on the stove: rice & corn beef. Ack. I originally had dinner plans with a friend but she didn't have the money, which I totally understand, so I was without a dinner partner - especially since my other best is going through a family death. So, know what I did? I went to On the Border to enjoy some Mexican all by my lonesome. I brought a book with me and after I sat down, I realized I left my phone at home so I couldn't call anyone, text, facebook, tweet.. nothing. I was really on my own, apart from Sara Barron, the author of the book I'm reading. It was oddly refreshing not being attached to my crackberry and finally having some downtime to read. My food was tasty, even though half way through I did wonder if maybe a party of one & a book to pass the time is only appropriate for lunch? But asserting my independence is not really what I wanted to talk about because while I was in class earlier, I received a phone call. It was my ex-boyfriend, and he left me a voice mail.
I almost fainted. I immediately started to shake because he NEVER calls me. EVER EVER EVER. So I'm thinking someone is dead, he or one of his family members are seriously injured and I'm the only female in his life who will give a shit. How awful is it to assume a phone call from your ex-boyfriend means death? That's how much he DOESN'T CALL or pick up any of my calls. The call went unreturned and now, I'm so confused. I have come up with a few more reasonable reasons as to why he called:

A) He realized I blocked him.
B) He thinks I'm dead.
C) He was driving in the car and wanted to pass the time.
D) He feels bad about our last conversation and having not heard from me concerns him.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAH to D. I think it's choice C, just because he sounded as if he were in a car, and/or it could be B since the last time we talked I was a mess and he could be concerned as to why I haven't been online. Whatever the reason.. I can't bring myself to call him back or unblock him. I already know I'll be disappointed as to why he REALLY called. According to this voicemail, he "hasn't heard from me in awhile and wants to know how I am". He goes months without talking to me, not caring why, and 7 days go by and now I'm getting phone calls. I don't know.. if I'm committed to this, to feeling better, I have to keep him out. So why does ignoring him make my heart hurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment